Thursday, March 1, 2012

Made it a whole week!

It has been an entire week since I was first admitted to the hospital and I'm still surviving. Today has been a bit more eventful than I would have liked. I started contracting this morning every couple of minutes. My cervix had changed from when I first got here on monday so the doctors weren't sure if this was really labor or not. Thankfully my cervix didn't change throughout the day with the contractions and my baby girl will get to cook another day. My contractions didn't slow down until late this afternoon and as a precaution they put the magnesium back on to help baby in case she had to be delivered. That will be on at least 12 hours unless I continue contracting. Since about 4pm I've had mostly just irritable contractions (contractions that aren't super impressive and usually don't change your cervix). With all of the excitement and busyness going on around me my day has gone by really quickly. Hopefully having an "exciting" Thursday isn't going to become a weekly habit of mine. Baby is still looking like a rock star on the monitor and is oblivious to what's going on around her.
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. My sweet little Kenna bug, Nick and my brother Mitch are coming to visit! I can't wait to see them! Being so far away hasn't been easy, and I miss them terribly.
Yesterday I received a lovely surprise! Nick's grandma and aunt Julie sent me these beautiful flowers! They definitely brightened my day yesterday and today. Thank you so much they are beautiful! I'll post more tomorrow! Love to you all!

1 comments:

Vicki Sabin said...

Thank you so much for taking time to keep us posted by literally creating a post each day! Hang in there! We're praying for you...