- Christmas! To me there is no better time of the year. I love giving gifts, listening to music and spending tons of time with our families.
- The anticipation of the end of 2008 and the many possibilities that 2009 could bring.
- A referral from my wonderful Dr to a fertility specialist.
- Gym memberships and a healthy diet!
- Having Nick back home full time after his internship.
- Our first visit to the infertility clinic and the encouragement of Dr. J and his team.
- Nick's dirt bike. I know that it may sound silly for me to be thankful for him getting a dirt bike but the joy that this bike brought to him was priceless and definitely something to be thankful for!
- Testing, testing, testing and more testing with Dr. J's team.
- Great insurance that paid for almost all of the $15,000+ of diagnostic testing we had done.
- Birthday's! During the month of March 5 of our family members have their special day. So fun to celebrate literally every weekend!
- Answers. All of the testing came back with answers of why we had difficulties conceiving and maintaining pregnancy's. It was such a blessing to have names to our problems.
- My husband. Annually April 13th is a monumental day, it's his day of birth. :o) I am so thankful to have him in my life and to have one day each year to celebrate him. I love you Nick!
- Jobs lost and new opportunities, and for the speedy rebound we were able to have after both losing our jobs on the same day.
- On May 17th we saw with our very own eyes a beautiful pink plus sign!
- The emotions of excitement, joy, and being completely terrified all at the same time when you find out you are going to a parent!
- The power of prayer and the feeling Nick and I got after we prayed that everything was going to be ok with this pregnancy.
- Even better than the little pink plus sign, a HEARTBEAT! There's really someone in there!
- Raglan. (Anti-nausea medicine)
- The reaction of our parents and siblings as they found out we're having a baby!
- Meeting my weight loss goal. 40 lbs down! And yes, morning sickness helped with the last few pounds.
- Getting to take a trek to Utah for Kristl and Aaron's wedding and getting to visit Nick's extended family.
- Finally feeling comfortable enough to tell my friends the we're expecting and sharing my fertility journey here.
- Saying goodbye to the first trimester!
- Our new apartment. Yes I complain about it a little, ok maybe a lot but I REALLY do love saving so much money each month on rent.
- My new job at the hospital. I love the women and the patients I get to work with and all of the wonderful things I have learned.
- Wedding Anniversary's. We didn't do much this year but it is so nice to remember to vows we made to each other 4 years ago.
- Finding out that the little baby I had been carrying for 20+ weeks is a healthy baby GIRL!
- Fall weather. I was so happy to have cooler days and nights.
- Football season. The activity of our weekends from Sept-November.
- Shopping for our little girl and the excitement and anticipation we get every time we buy things to fill up the nursery.
- Getting to see our baby girl in 4D. What a cool experience that was! We can't wait to meet her!
- Thanksgiving. I love the food, the family, and the football. Makes for a great day!
Over the past year we have had our share of struggles and triumphs and I am so thankful for all that we have been given. We can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for us as we continue our journey through life.