Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm HOME!!!

First of all I need to apologize about my little pity party I threw for myself yesterday. I was so frustrated with some of the circumstances from yesterday and I was overly emotional about it. I'm sorry you had to read about how sorry I felt for myself.
This morning I was VERY pleasantly surprised when the Dr's came in a told me they wanted to send me home today. I'm sure my jaw about hit the floor! After I picked up my jaw it amazed me how quickly all of my worries of coming home (insurance, amount of leave, money exc.) all went away. I know heavenly father will continue to provide for us like he has this whole time. All I could think of from the time I knew I was going home was about was how nice it would be to be at home with my family and to get to sleep in my own bed!
I am still on strict bed rest which is fine with me. I'm just glad I get to do it where I'm most comfortable. I now have to convince my placenta and uterus to behave for at least 2 more weeks when I'll be 35 weeks along so I can deliver here in Ellensburg. If something happens before then I'll have to be transferred out of town again and I really don't want that to happen! I'm sure all of my friends from work reading this are having heart palpation's knowing that me and my formally bleeding placenta are back in town but I PROMISE I will be a GOOD patient and remember bed rest means bed rest. I also have lots of family and my husband to supervise me to make sure I'm being good. :o)
Making my great escape!
We left UW about 1pm and stopped briefly in North Bend to grab lunch and then continued our way to Ellensburg. My wonderful brother Mitch spent the day making sure I came home to a clean house and even surprised me with flowers, chocolate and balloons. After being away from home for 4 weeks I don't think I would have cared whether I came home to a dirty house or not but it was sure nice to come home to a clean one. My wonderful sister in law also made us dinner tonight which was greatly appreciated as well! It was so nice for us to not have to worry about dinner our first night back at home. Along with Mitch, my parents and brother Garrett helped Nick unload the car and put everything away so he didn't have so much to do tonight. Nick was really grateful for their help. Nick told me that he feels like a huge weight has been lifted off his shoulders having me home. I feel the same way. It is so wonderful to be with my family again!
Finally HOME!!
When all of this started 4 weeks ago I never thought I would still be pregnant at now 33 weeks today, and I never thought I would be leaving the hospital until I had a baby in my arms or in the NICU. My nurse told me again today that they have never had a patient that has been on magnesium in preparation for delivery as many times as I have and not be delivered. My nurse said she could feel that there was a higher power watching over me. Because of that statement I know that your prayers and thoughts have helped immensely through out this journey! Please continue to send them our way, our journey isn't over just yet!
After things quieted down this evening Makenna climbed up on the couch next to me, grabbed my hand, cuddled up next to me and said "Mommy here!" :o) She must be happy I'm home to!

2 comments:

ericksonzone said...

Aaaahhhhh! So nice to be home! That is awesome that you are still pregnant after all that has been going on thus far. Amazing! I'm so glad you are home and can sleep in your own bed. :)

Heidi said...

Awesome news! I'm glad you get to be in the comforts of your own home! I'm glad I at least got to visit you briefly in the hospital before you left. :)