Friday, March 9, 2012

Today's Update

Good evening! I have had a wonderful day today. Nick and Makenna came over this morning, and have been here most of the day. Nick's mom came from Gig Harbor a little bit ago to get Makenna and take her to their house for now the 3rd weekend in a row. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that Makenna has somewhere familiar to go and somewhere that I know she will be loved and well taken care of on the weekends while I'm in the hospital and Nick is here with me. Not to mention she LOVES being there. Makenna has had so much fun especially with Nick's younger siblings Amie (16 next week) and Taylor (12). When I told her earlier today that Grandma Sherrie was coming to pick her up later she asked "And Tay-yer too?" From what Sherrie says they are having a lot of fun with Makenna to.

Medically things today have been fairly quiet. I was contracting every 6 minutes with irritability in between during my non-stress test this morning which made the Dr's talk about hanging IV fluids and the dreaded magnesium again as a precaution if I was going to deliver today. Because the contractions weren't painful and I kind of begged them to give me a little bit longer to see if this was really labor before starting all of the dreaded stuff, my uterus actually behaved for once and they didn't have to start the mag! Hooray! It's the little victories. :o) I don't think I mentioned in my blog from Wednesday that the Dr's have decided that if I go into labor again they aren't going to go to drastic measures to stop my labor. If I start contracting uncomfortably, and contractions are regular they are going to hang IV fluids and the Mag at a very low dose (for baby's brain development) and sometimes that will slow things down but if I continue to contract they are going to just let me deliver.
Yesterday the doctor's and I had a little pow wow and I was told that because I have not gone one day without bleeding for over 2 weeks now that I have what they call a chronic placenta abruption. That basically means it will never heal like they hoped it would. Because it won't heal, it makes my condition even more high risk for hemorrhage, loss of placental function that could lead to fetal intolerance, growth restriction and even fetal death. Due to the intensified risk of these complications, they have made it clear that I will definitely not be going back to Ellensburg at any point of my pregnancy and that IF I make it to 35 weeks I will be delivered at that point. They are still hoping that I will hold out until next Wednesday when I'm 32 weeks before delivering but they aren't confident at how many more days baby will tolerate being in-utero. With my now 3rd round of preterm labor under my belt they aren't sure how long my uterus is going to keep baby cooking either. Having the small amount of medical knowledge I do, I knew in the back of my mind what the risks were but I was in denial that I could potentially loose my baby. Having someone actually tell me flat out the risks are with zero sugar coating it really hit me yesterday. With all of these things being said, please continue to pray and send positive energy our way. It has been working so far and I am really feeling that we need them more than ever. Love to all!

1 comments:

Tana said...

I know all about what you're going through (praying for another day to be pregnant, fear of the future, and preparing for an early delivery). One thing I can tell you is to lean on God and know that this is all for God's glory. Try not to stress about all this and know that God is in control.