Now that our baby girl is almost 18 months old I figured it was about time to do a blog all about her.
- To run. She doesn't walk, she just runs everywhere her chubby legs will take her and she wants to go. She has the cutest little run, except when she's running away from us of course!
- Playing outside. She would be outside from the second she wakes up until she goes to bed if we let her.
- Talk. She says a few "real" words like ball, out sye (outside), Mommy, Da-yie (Daddy), wets go (let's go), num num (food), yay, and her new favorites NO and Don't! Most of what she says is in her own little language and she is very expressive with her hands and her facial expressions. If only we knew what she was saying.
- Reading books. Usually when she is being really quiet she is doing something naughty but every once in a while when it gets quiet she is sitting quietly "reading" a book.
- To dance and hear music. Whenever she hears music she starts dancing. We went to a wedding this last weekend and she danced the night away! Maybe she will want to be in ballet when she's a little older.
- Bath time and playing in the water. Makenna is definitely a water baby. I will have to get her in swimming lessons soon. I'm sure she will love that!
- Girly things. She loves shoes and anything that resembles a necklace or a bracelet she wears as one. In addition to necklaces and bracelets anything that has a strap she carries around as a purse.
Nick and I love:
- Her smile and her laugh. She has the cutest little teeth and I love to see her show them off when she gives us a big smile. Makenna's laugh is so infectious! It's hard to not be happy when she is around especially when she is laughing.
- When she cuddles with us. It doesn't happen very often, sitting still doesn't happen very often either so we cherish every second when she will cuddle with us and let us hold her for a minute.
- Her wet and sometimes open mouth kisses and sweet hugs. She has become a very affectionate little girl. She blows lots of kisses all the time, and when she lets us hold her she will almost always give us a hug and a kiss.
- That Makenna is not shy. It is a good and a bad thing but I love that she will say hi to our friends and family and is ready to play with anyone that will give her the time of day. She is such a ham and likes to please people.
- Her curly hair. She finally has hair and I love that it is strawberry blonde and curly, curly, curly! I feel like her hair matches her fun personality.
For the most part she is a very happy girl but she does have the tenancy to be very dramatic. Like most girls I'm sure. Having a toddler comes with its own challenges but we love having her around and wouldn't trade her for anything. We love you Kenna bug! Our lives would be so boring with out you!