Monday, March 26, 2012

Feeling Blessed

I thought it might be fun to show you what Nick and Mitch worked on last week. They set up our new babies bed, and organized the closet. Instead of having to buy two new bed sets, I decided to go the cheap route and re-use the crib set that Makenna used and stick with the lady bug theme. I got a new toddler bed set for Makenna from target, I had no idea when I ordered it how closely it would end up matching the crib set. I was really happy with how it turned out. There are some other decorating ideas that are still a work in progress but I think It will turn out great when it's all done. One of the first things that will happen soon is the black shelf will come down and above both girls beds, they will have painted wooden letters of their names. Our new baby has a name but it is a secret until she arrives. I know it's kind of silly but it's the only thing we have control over and it's kind of fun to have a secret. I have a few pictures and other fun things from pinterest I have found that I would like to do but that will have to wait until I can be up and moving more.
These poor little girls will have nothing to wear... lol! On the left is Makenna's clothes, some are the next size up but almost everything fits now, and on the right is newborn size clothes for our new little girl.
When we woke up Saturday morning, I looked outside to see that our rear right tire was COMPLETELY flat! There ended up being a 4+ inch screw sticking out the side of our tire. The strange thing is it wasn't the sharp end of the screw that was stuck, it was head of the screw that was stuck in it. We purchased our tires at a tire shop in Yakima so Nick quickly put the spare on and started to head to Yakima to go get the tire patched or replaced. On his way out of town he decided last minute to stop by one of the tire shops here in Ellensburg to at least get a quote to see if it was repairable and what the cost would be. They told him they could repair it for $12! $12 is way cheaper than the $25+ in gas he would have spent to go to Yakima so he stayed there to get it replaced. When the guy brought the car back to Nick he said it required such a little patch that he didn't have to pay ANYTHING! It's the little miracles in life to be thankful for.
While Nick was getting the tire fixed he took Makenna and I over to my parent's so I wouldn't have to wrangle her from bed by myself since we thought he would have to be gone for a few hours. It was such a beautiful day out! My dad made a camp-out spot for me on the patio so I could sit in the sunshine with my feet up. It was so nice to enjoy the sunshine, I haven't gotten to enjoy it in over a month and it was just what I needed! I got to watch Makenna be my dad's big helper while he did yard work. She thought she was the coolest girl getting to be Papa's big helper.
When they were done doing yard work he brought the little kid slide up on the patio so I could watch her play but she decided that the slide would be more fun inside. My dad happily pulled it into the house and she went up and down the slide probably 4000 times. When he first brought it in the house, she would go down the slide, run over to my dad, give him a hug and say "thank you." She's getting so good at using her manners. Makes me a proud Mama!
Things for me are still stable. I haven't had any impressionable contractions nor have I had anymore bleeding since I've been home. *knock on wood* Hopefully things will stay that way for at least the next 8 days! I have been feeling so blessed since I have been home. I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. They have helped us out in so many ways, with Dinner, Makenna, or even just stopping by for a visit. I am so happy that I have been able to enjoy sunshine, see my family everyday, and get to watch Makenna play. I feel like I missed out on so many special moments with her while I was in the hospital for a month and I am so blessed I get to be apart of those moments now. Life is good!

3 comments:

Katamaran said...

When did your parents move into town?

Brittany Clyde said...

the girls rooms are soooooo cute!!!!!!!

Danielle said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys, Reba! Can't wait to hear the name you picked for the little princess :)