Thursday, March 15, 2012

3 weeks...

After 3 weeks of seeing nothing but hospital rooms, back hospital hallways, and the inside of ambulances the doctors FINALLY agreed to let me take a wheelchair ride around the hospital! I even got to go OUTSIDE for a few minutes! I had to beg a little bit and remind them that it has been 3 days since I had any active bleeding and I have been sitting in a hospital bed for 3 weeks before they finally agreed to let me go on a quick ride.
Nick was my "tour guide" and pushed me around. I finally got to see the shishies (fishes) Makenna keeps telling me about.
It was grey, gloomy, raining, cold and breezy but it was glorious! To smell and feel anything but dry, stagnant, recycled hospital air was GLORIOUS!! After 3 weeks I think I would have found a tornado or tsunami just as glorious.
I got to see growing plants, because the hospital is on the University of Washington campus all of the flowers are of course purple and gold.
I got to see other parts of the hospital and see the cool art work.
I was a good girl and stuck to the doctors rule of only 30 minutes but it was a very fast, and much to short 30 minutes.
And came back to my home away from home.
After I got back I was greeted by my friend Stephanie and a little bit later these beautiful flowers arrived. Thank you Hutchinson family! They are beautiful and made my day even better!
I figured out how to make a flower and added it to the hat I made yesterday even cuter. I can't wait to make one for Makenna that matches.
Overall it has been a fantastic day! My trip outside was just what I needed to keep going a little bit longer. I was so happy that I even cried. I know it is pathetic but you might cry to after 3 weeks. Hopefully I will get to have another field trip again soon.

2 comments:

ericksonzone said...

That is so wonderful that you got to take a little field trip! And the flower on that hat...You look like a pro. :)

Zita said...

Congrats on making it 3 weeks--you so are strong, Reba!