Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

I'm 30 weeks today with who knows how many more days/weeks/months to go. Hopefully a couple more for sure. I had an ultrasound yesterday and they were able to 100% determine that I do not have a placenta previa which is good news. I knew that I didn't have one though. When my dr back in Ellensburg did my 20 week anatomy ultrasound the placenta was low lying and not a previa. With the clot in the way I can understand why it may have been interpreted as a previa. They were able to get a better picture of the clot and where the tear from my placenta is. The plan is to still continue bed rest in the hospital until I have an abruption again with lots of bleeding, go into pre term labor or baby is unhappy and then she will be born. They told me that if I had NO bleeding for a week, and it looked like the tear healed itself then I might get to go home on bed rest. I would LOVE nothing more than to be home but I wish they wouldn't have said that MAY be a possibility. I don't want to get my hopes up to only be disappointed when I'm still here. With the medical knowledge that I know I feel much more comfortable with the operating room being only 100 feet away from my room and not a 10 minute drive exc. They are guessing that when or if I have another abruption it will be a big scary one that could harm me and baby. That definitely doesn't sound like anything I'd want to have happen at home.
Yesterday was my roughest day emotionally (other than last Thursday) so far. I knew it was only a matter of time before I had a big giant meltdown but I didn't think it would happen this early in the game. My emotions mostly stemmed around missing my family. I guess Makenna had a particularly rough day yesterday. It broke my heart to know she is having a rough time. I'm sure a good chunk of her issues yesterday were from lack of sleep the last several days but it still made me sad.
On a lighter note, I learned how to knit yesterday. Every Tuesday the worlds sweetest retired woman named Judy volunteers in the OB unit to teach the women on bed rest how to knit if we want to learn. She even gave me needles and yarn and I'm well on my way to making what I believe will eventually be a scarf. Today there is supposed to a retired art teacher coming to teach art as well. I love that there people willing to come and teach me a new skill to help keep me busy while on bed rest.
I'm feeling back to my cheery self and ready to tackle the world again today. It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you. I'll keep you posted if anything changes. Happy leap day! Enjoy it because it only happens once every 4 years!

0 comments: