Thursday, February 23, 2012

Prayers Please!

This baby girl in my belly is already giving us a run for our money and our family could really use extra prayers right now. This morning I woke up in a puddle of blood, and headed to the hospital right away. I was hoping it would be no big deal and the bleeding would stop but it continued through out the day and it appears I have a marginal abruption (where the placenta separates from the uterine lining and can cause issues for both me and baby). Because of all of this, I was shipped to Swedish hospital in Seattle where they will be able to take care of our sweet baby if she needs to be born early. At 29 wks and a few days she has a good chance of doing well if she's born early, but will still be in the nicu for several weeks. As of right now the plan is to hopefully keep me pregnant for at the very least the next 48 hours to allow enough time for the steroids to help babies lungs mature kick in all the way. Baby has looked fabulous all day, and seems happy as a clam to be staying in-utero a bit longer. We won't have a better plan until the morning but please keep me, baby girl, Nick and Makenna in your prayers. I'll update as I know more.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Oh no!! Let me know if there is anything I can do seriously! Meals babysitting anything! I hope everything works out and the baby can say put for as long as possible!!

Beth Tunnell said...

I'm so sorry, Reba! Our prayers are with you and your sweet family.

Kim Black said...

Reba, thinking and praying for you and your family. Kim Black

Kim Black said...

Reba, thinking and praying for you and your family. Kim Black

apaschen said...

Praying for all of you! This rings all to familiar, you remember, my nephew was born at 29 weeks! (and look at him now!!) I remember the stress and worry we all had, but know that you have many people loving and praying for you! Your family is in God's hands, and there's no better place to be!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Oh Reba! I am so sorry! Swedish is amazing! We will pray for your family tonight and in the morning. I hope you are feeling okay... and that baby continues to develop quickly with the help of the steroids!

Sara said...

We're praying for you and the baby girl!!

ericksonzone said...

Oh Reba! I hope all goes well. We will be praying for you.

Cara said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope that everything goes well and you and the baby will be safe.

Angela said...

Oh, Reba! That is so scary but know that God is watching over your family. I'm saying prayers with you and baby girl in mind today. Please keep us all updated. I love you!

Lane's said...

Oh my gosh Reba! Thinking of you guys and hope that baby can stay put for a while longer!

Tara Preciado said...

I will definitely keep you and your sweet family in my prayers!