Sunday, November 13, 2011

This Little Sweetie Is...

Can you read Makenna's shirt?? If you can't, it says this little sweetie is a big sister to be!! It is true, Makenna is going to be a big sister!! I am 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow, which makes me due the first week of May. Now that I'm well out of the first trimester, I am finally ready to spill the beans to the world that I'm pregnant! Nick and I are so excited! We are hoping that this little baby will cooperate next month and show us if we will have another girl or our first boy. Either way we will be thrilled! Although, I have to admit I would love to re-use the copious amounts of girl clothes Makenna has but, it would be wonderful to have a boy to. I'm sure if we had a boy, he would accumulate the same amount of clothes as Makenna has thanks to Grandma's, Auntie's, Uncles and our amazing friends.
I am finally feeling so much better the past couple of weeks and I don't have constant nausea anymore. I have gone about 2 weeks with no nausea at all! Hooray! I'm hoping this pattern keeps up... knock on wood! I am still pretty tired but I imagine that I will be tired for the next 20+ years that I will have kids at home and probably even after their gone. Haha!
A lot of people that already know we are expecting have asked if it was easier to conceive this time than it was with Makenna (To read that saga click HERE) and that answer is YES! We weren't necessarily "trying" to conceive it just kind of happened. Yes I know what your thinking, do they know how that "kinda happens?" We never thought we would be able to conceive without fertility treatments so after I finished breast feeding Makenna we never prevented pregnancy and look what we got! A VERY welcomed surprise! Before we found out we were pregnant, Nick and I had been talking about when to have another baby and we were going to start trying with in the next few months. We knew that when we got pregnant it was all the Lords timing and this little person is obviously meant to join our family now!
Some of you know that before I was pregnant with Makenna I found out that I have antiphospholipid syndrome which caused me to miscarry with prior pregnancies. So with her pregnancy and now with every additional pregnancy I have, I need to give myself heparin (blood thinner) injections twice a day, take ridiculous amounts of folic acid and a baby aspirin everyday until I'm 36 weeks along to help prevent any other miscarriages from happening. Even though I do NOT like giving myself shots twice a day, I am so thankful there is medicine out there that can help me stay pregnant with my beautiful babies!
Makenna will be a little over two when this little one arrives and I'm hoping this will be good timing for her. She loves her baby dolls. She likes to feed them, give them loves and have them wrapped in blankets. She likes real babies to but hasn't had much experience with them. I think she will make a great big sister! I know the adjustment from one kiddo, to two won't be easy for her (or us) but I'm hoping for the best. As things continue along, I will keep you posted on progress of baby Sabin #2. :o)

8 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats!!! Thats so exciting!! My two are a little over 2 yrs apart and it works wonderfully. Its hard...but what in life isnt?!? Its better having them closer i think b/c then they can entertain each other. I cant believe you give yourself 2 shots a day! wow!!

ericksonzone said...

That is so awesome! How fun! I hope the baby cooperates too so that we all can know what you're going to have. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. :)

Danielle said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Reba, that is SO exciting! Makenna will be a fabulous big sister! I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to hear if baby is a boy or girl!

Heidi said...

Congrats on baby #2! That is so exciting and I'm glad this one came easier. :)

Greg and Erin Sutherland said...

Congrats Reba and Nick! I'm so happy for you guys!

Heidi B. said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am SO excited for you!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having. Kennedi was almost 2 when we had Kaden and she adjusted very well. I think girls just know what to do when that happens. :)

Sara said...

Congrats Reba, Nick and Makenna! I just can't wait to hear what you are having! I agree with you, either sex will be such a blessing!

Jen said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am SO excited for you guys! Congratulations!!!!