Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tag! Your it!

This is really fun. Thanks for passing this on Heidi :o)
1. I absolutely love fall. I love the colors of the changing leaves and how the air is cool in the morning and warms up in the afternoon. I love getting to wear long sleeve t-shirts and jeans and cute little jackets. I love decorating my house with fall colors and have our annual pumpkin carving contest with my little brothers for Halloween, and then being able to be with my family for Thanksgiving. 2. Even more than I love the fall I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy but If my house could be decorated year 'round for Christmas, without people like my husband thinking I'm crazy, I would always have my house decorated for Christmas! I love to sing Christmas carols. Just the other day I caught myself singing "I heard the bells on Christmas Day" it made to so happy to think that Christmas just 2 months away and in just a little over a month (the day after Thanksgiving) I will get to decorate for Christmas and people won't think I'm nuts for listening to Christmas music! I love the lights, the decorations, the first time it snows, the smell of a fresh evergreen tree, the story of Christ's birth and more than anything, I love that people are more giving and loving to others. It seems the whole month of December peoples attitude towards others change, I can't really explain it but everybody seems to try a just a little bit harder to be kind towards others. 3. I really love to scrapbook. It is so much fun to me to be able to make something beautiful out of just a few sheets of paper and a picture or two. It is kind of my thing to do when I want to relax. The only thing I don't like about scrapbooking is I don't get to do it enough! I feel like my house has to be completely spotless and I can't have anything else to do in order to have time to scrapbook. I need to find a group to scrapbook with so I don't have an excuse! Anyone interested? 4. I played softball competitively for 11 years. I was never the best player on my team but if you ask anyone I played with I always had the best attitude and the most passion for the game. My Senior year of high school I was the captain of my team and I loved getting to be the their leader both on and off the field and as a cheerleader on the sidelines. I definitely miss playing competitive ball but I have a lot of fun playing in the adult slow pitch league here in town. 5. When I was 3 years old, I was ran over by a cow. I know, I know that sounds ridiculous but I was literally ran over by a cow! When Aaron, Mitch and I were little our Dad worked on a farm and small ranch. One morning, like most mornings in the spring we woke up to several new baby calf's and I HAD to be my Daddy's helper that day, so my dad being a sucker for me got me all bundled up and out the door we went. The first thing my dad told me was "Talk quiet and walk slow," and well the first baby calf I saw I squealed and went running after! The Mama cow didn't think that was ok and ran after me and knocked me down and just stood there on top of me until my dad came to the rescue!! Thats only one of the reasons why my Dad is my hero! 6. I absolutely love kids! Unfortunetely I don't have kids of my own yet but I seem to adopt everyone elses kids as my honorary nieces and nephews. Of course they don't replace my addorible nephew Jared or my neice Allyson (who will making her grand entrance almost any day now and I can't wait!), but they seem to fill my void. Playing with a toddlers and young kids is so much fun, they are so curious and inventive. It is so fun getting to see their immaginations develop. I love what little kids call me when they just learn to talk, Beba (Paul), Bobbie (Jared) are my favorites. Holding a newborn baby is the best thing in the world! They are so perfect and innocent. Just a wonderful little miracle and I can't wait to be able to hold a newborn of my own someday. 7. My favorite day of the week is Sunday. Sunday's all of us kids go over to my parents house and usually eat dessert, play games, watch TV or just spend time together. It is so nice to have my family here in the same town so we are able to have that time to spend together. Sunday nights hold some of my favorite family memories! I tag: Carolyn http://rhodesrules.blogspot.com Rachel B. http://crazybennetts.blogspot.com/ Becca http://a-dailey-blog.blogspot.com/ Jen http://jake-ifer.blogspot.com/ Beth http://tunnells.blogspot.com/ Kirsten http://bktrent.blogspot.com/ Lore http://loresmart.blogspot.com/

0 comments: