Sunday, August 9, 2009

16 weeks and counting!

In the last 3 weeks since my last blog we have had many things happen! First of all, we've moved! Our new place feels smaller than we thought it would, and it we really miss our old apartment but I'm sure we will quickly get used to it and saving $400.00 a month on rent will make it worth it. The move went really well and fast! Mitch had several of his friends come and help us. The only bad thing about having several 20 something guys help us it that they just hauled and dropped so we had a quite a mess to sort through but we can't complain! They were a huge help!
Just a couple days after we moved we went to visit Nick's family for the weekend. We had so much fun! We wish we could have stayed longer though. While we were there we celebrated Nick's dad Larry's birthday. I beautified everyone of course and well, I must say the boys definitely needed it! I cut at least a two inches off of Brook and Taylor's hair, they both usually keep a nice, clean, SHORT haircut. They waited for me to visit before they got haircuts and it obviously had been waaay too long since I've seen them!
As of today I am 16 weeks or 4 months pregnant! I must say that things are going so much faster now that we have told everyone. I hope this pregnancy continues to go so quickly! Two weeks ago I had a regular OB appointment and everything is still going great! We heard the heartbeat for the first time which was amazing. Whenever we have a new milestone to reach I always get a little nervous that something bad will happen probably due to my prior pregnancy losses. Obviously I'm worried for nothing because things continue to go swimmingly, I just have to keep telling myself that.
At my doctors appointment, my Dr. gave me a 25 pound weight restriction. As of right now I am on leave from work because people weigh much more than 25 pounds. I'm still fighting the company I work for to put me on light duty but they aren't having it. I think its ridiculous that they won't honor a Dr's order but we'll see what they have to say later this week. As of right now I am looking for a new job because I'm afraid that things may not end in my favor and well we need as much money as we can get right now. If you hear of anything let me know!
Yesterday I felt the baby move for the first time. It was such a strange yet wonderful feeling! To know that my baby really is there brought me to tears. We were at my parents house at the time so we were able to share that special moment with them. They were both so excited! Now I can't wait until Nick can feel the baby move so he can feel more involved in things. I'm loving all the firsts of this pregnancy. Everything is just so special to me!
It is now that time again! More belly pictures! These were both taken today, one is a better picture of me but the other shows off the girth better! Hope you like them!

We are now counting down the days until September 10th, our BIG ultrasound is scheduled for that day. Hopefully our baby will cooperate and decide to show off its parts so we will know if we are having a baby boy or a baby girl! It will be so nice to be able to start shopping and narrow down names. We can't wait!

4 comments:

Heidi B. said...

Yay! How exciting! I am so happy for you that you are experiencing all of these most amazing things. You look great!

Jen said...

Reba! We are so happy for you guys! You look great!

Angela said...

Super exciting! I still have six weeks until the big reveal. I am dying to know whether it is a boy or girl. I try to guess but keep going back and forth. I miss you!

The Odermott's said...

You look great! I have to say in having to wait due to trouble getting prego. I felt like I treasured every moment more then I would have if it came easy. It's wonderful feeling to feel them for the first time. It is even sweeter when your hubby feels them.