Thursday, July 23, 2009

12 Week Ultrasound and More!

Last Tuesday we had our twelve week ultrasound. It was really fun! The baby is growing right on target and everything looks great. It was moving around all over the place. The baby kept opening its mouth and then swallowing, and we got to see all of its important parts like the umbilical cord, the spine and so on. It was so great to see the baby growing nicely and still having a good strong heartbeat at 166 beats per minute! It has long skinny legs which unfortunately you can't see in the picture, but the dark spot where legs should be, its legs go all the way to the end. My scanner decided not to work for me today so I just took a picture of the picture (I know super classy right?), its not great quality but I wanted to post it anyway! So here it is, our baby at 12 wks 2 days!
Many of you asked how I have been feeling and I have been feeling pretty good. I have my good days and bad days. From about 5 weeks until 10ish I was sick almost everyday but I never threw up I just felt like I was going to all day. I started to feel a little bit better but now that I'm out of my first trimester is evidently when I get to deal with the throw up. NOT FUN! Its only been 3 times so I can't complain too much because I know there are some of you Mama's out there (like mine!) that threw up everyday for 9 months and my heart goes out to you! Next Tuesday the 28th I have my next prenatal visit. I will blog about it but it may take me a while to get to it!
So next week we are moving again! Ugh! My friend Greg says that we are worse than a military couple. This is our 4th move in 4 years. Oh well! With the baby coming we decided that it would be best to not renew our lease at our beautiful yet very expensive apartment and find a more reasonably priced apartment. We will be moving into a 2 bedroom townhouse with 1 1/2 baths and just as much square footage. We will however be losing a bedroom and a shower but it will worth it to save just shy of $400.00/month on rent! This week will be a lot of packing a cleaning to get ready for the big move, thankfully I have great brothers that have been willing well slightly bribed to come help us pack. They have been a huge help and so far we have gotten a lot done!
Lastly I wanted to thank everyone for the overwhelming response we had to my last post. I was really hesitant to share our very personal story but as I thought about it I knew that in order to really know our excitement for this pregnancy you had to know what we have been through. It was great to hear of others stories and struggles that they went through to become parents as well. If I touched just one person going through the same thing than I feel like I did my job. Nick I want to thank you all for the prayers, love and support. We have been truly blessed with the BEST friends and family in the world and we love you all dearly so, thank you!

2 comments:

ericksonzone said...

Yes, Reba, I remember your chicken pot pie. Mine is good, but your is like some professional creation from a restaurant. So good!

Nitrile Gloves said...

Before anything else, the operating room, equipment, and the surgical instruments need to be thoroughly sterilized. This pre-surgical first step is an important procedure done before the operation begins to help avoid potential life threatening infections to patients under surgery.

adult washcloths