Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eye Appointment Update.

Today we took Makenna to children's for her eye appointment. First of all I have to brag a little bit, she was such a good baby all day! Everything was kind of hurry up and wait and then she was dragged around all over Bellevue while Nick, My Mom, Nick's Mom and I got some shopping done. She went a whole day with no major melt downs. It was awesome! She first had a complete eye exam including getting her eyes dilated, before the Dr came in to see us. We found out that she has perfect vision and she is in good ocular health, other then those pesky tear ducts. The Dr was very nice and was great with Makenna. Both Nick and I were very impressed. She answered all of our questions and told us that surgery was probably the best thing for her to get the ducts unclogged. We then scheduled the surgery for next Monday. The surgery itself will take less than an hour but we will need to be there about an hour early for pre-op stuff, and then she will have an hour of recovery after to make sure she comes out of anesthesia ok. I wasn't ever nervous about Makenna having surgery before when I knew it was a possibility, but now that it is a reality and only a few days away, I'm getting a little nervous. I just hope she reacts well to the anesthesia and that things go as planned. I will let you know how things go after Monday, and hopefully I will have nothing exciting to report other then she has unclogged ducts. Please keep our sweet Makenna in your prayers, Monday that things will go as planned.

2 comments:

ericksonzone said...

I had no idea! I have not noticed them in pictures I guess. It is a nerve wracking thing to have to experience. You are in good hands over there at Children's, as you already mentioned from this first visit. We hope it goes well and we'll make sure to pray for your family.

Danielle said...

I hope her surgery goes well! Children's really is great... try not to worry. I know, easier said than done.