Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Beautiful Distraction

Things have been going good the last couple week of my pregnancy but I really thought our little girl would have arrived by now. I have been dilated, effaced and baby has been engaged for weeks so I have had good reason to hope but no such luck! My house has been ready for weeks and I am now off work per Dr's orders so I feel as though I don't have anything else to think about but will today be the day? Did my water just break or did I just pee a little? I know the last one is a bit of a TMI but we've all thought, I just might be the first to say it. I have had false labor 3 times and as of my last appointment I hadn't made any progress so I was very frustrated! All of this anxiety has made me feel a little crazy lately, and I have been in need of some serious mental distractions. Yesterday I couldn't think of anything better then having my very busy 3 year old nephew come over and help me make sugar cookies. We had so much fun! As you can see, he liked using the sprinkles the best!
As Jared was decorating he says "I make cookies wif spinkles and MORE spinkles on dem, Ok?" The cookies turned out delicious, and were obviously COVERED in "spinkles"

So not only was sweet little Jared a beautiful distraction but we then had some excellent cookies to eat afterwards! Thanks Pea for coming over and making cookies with me yesterday afternoon! I love you!

I know that she'll come when she's ready I just need to learn a little patience. So until then I'll keep looking for beautiful distractions to keep my mind occupied. Hopefully my next post will include pictures of a very cute baby girl!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I was hoping you would have had her by now too! Good for you for trying to keep your mind preoccupied with something else. The anticipation can definitely drive you crazy! Love the "spinkle" cookies, too cute!

Tanya said...

That was a very good distraction! She will come in her own time, even tho we want them to be sooner. I was the same way, and ended up a week late, after being induced, but maybe your little girl will come on your due date exactly! :)

Angela said...

I feel like it has been forever since I found out I was expecting. When is baby Sabin going to make her grand appearance? By the way, do you have a name picked out yet or are you not sharing? I'm super excited for you and hope to get a phone call soon!!! Good luck!

Lore Smart said...

I've been thinking about you Reba....you are handling it all so well....patience is THE HARDEST thing to have when nearly 40 weeks pregnant. Such a great way to keep distracted by having your nephew over for cookie time. What a sweet aunt. You are doing so well...another idea???? Maybe take a few bare belly pics before the baby comes....(I really have liked having those), just a thought. OKay, good luck and so excited for you Reba!