Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread is a family favorite for the Rhodes family and is a tradition at our house to eat on Christmas morning so I thought I would share our tradition with you. I always thought that it was called Monkey Bread because my Dad always called us kids his little monkeys but I found out last night as I was googling for a picture it is the actual name for this recipe.
Mix:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 TBSP Cinnamon
in a large freezer bag
Cut:
2 Cans Refrigerator biscuits
into fourths and add to the freezer bag
Shake:
until covered well and Place in a greased bunt pan
Melt:
3/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
Add:
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
to butter, mix well and pour over biscuit pieces
Bake @ 350 for 30-34 min
Enjoy!
You can also add nuts or raisins to the Monkey Bread but I prefer it without.

1 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

yummy! that looks so good. Hey thanks for finding some pics for us! my email is bethtunnell@gmail.com. Oh! and your blog background is super cute.