Friday, September 26, 2008

Nick's Car Wreck :o(

It is official to say that Nick had a really crappy day! At work today one of his co-workers got laid off and then on his way home on I-90 right before Issaquah he was rear ended. It wasn't his fault which is good, the guy who hit him just didn't pay attention when Nick had to slow down. Luckily he is fine, he is just soar, there are so many things that could have made this much worse. After almost 3 hours of getting a tow, police report and a rental car Nick was able to drive himself home. I took him to the ER just in case when he got home and they gave him some pain meds and a muscle relaxant so hopefully those will help. We won't know what will happen with our car until Monday, we are just hoping it isn't totalled. I'll keep you posted.

Nick said the right side of the car is really bad, you can't open the back passenger door at all. I will just take his word for it because I haven't seen it. Hopefully everything will be fixable. One good thing is you can replace cars but you can't replace people. We are very blessed.

3 comments:

ericksonzone said...

Oh my goodness! That is terrible. We're glad that you're ok. It's great that it's not your fault, but car accidents are still a pain. Ha :)

ray-ray says said...

Nice to hear Nick is ok! I hope things work out quickly with all the insurance junk.
That's the big thing I worry about with Aaron driving to work everyday....I'll probably have a full head of gray hair by the end of the school year.

Lore Smart said...

Gosh, it is amazing he wasn't hurt worse by the looks of those pics. Youre totally right, material things can always be replaced but the love of your life can't. So glad to hear things are okay. I found your blog through your comment on Rachaels post. So fun to see what you have been up to. I have to totally agree that Country rocks. That good old Puyallup Fair too, I grew up in Puyallup and we went to the fair every year for 13 years. What a fun time you guys had. Love your engagement story too, so sweet.