Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary Nick!

Tomorrow Nick and I will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary so I thought I would do a little blog to tell our story in celebration of the day!

This is our very first picture together, we met in Sept 2004 at the institute during a singles branch activity. I thought he was cute so I went to talk to him and get to know him. We exchanged numbers and soon after we started dating.

This isn't the picture of "the" kiss but we shared our first kiss on Halloween day 2004. That night we were goofing off and got in a tickle fight. Nick had me pinned down and said "guess what" and before I could respond he leaned down and kissed me, it was just a quick peck but to this day I still get butterflies thinking about it.

On April 18th, 2005 Nick Proposed! The day of the proposal Nick took me to Yakima to pick out the "perfect" ring. After we found my ring, Nick took me out to dinner while my ring was being sized. After dinner he went back into the Jewelery store without me to pick up the ring and little did I know Nick put the ring in his pocket (he put the box in the back seat, so I thought it was there all along). On our drive home he told me he loved the sunset and wanted to take a picture so we stopped at the view point that looks over Ellensburg. We both got out of the car for a minute, the wind was blowing and it was cold so I headed back to the car. Nick told me "you can't get in the car just yet," I asked "why not?" Then he kissed me and gave me a hug and then he got down on one knee and said "Reba Michelle Rhodes, will you marry me?"

And on August 26th, 2005 we got married. We were married in the Seattle Temple. It was the most beautiful day, the sun was shining so brightly, that the temple looked as though it was sparkling. We were pronounced Husband and Wife at 11:23 AM. We took lots of pictures, ate lunch and went back to Ellensburg for our reception, that my mom so beautifully put together. Our wedding day was the best day of my life, I have never felt so beautiful as I did that day.

Nick, I love you so much! You are and always will be the man of my dreams! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent you to me. You have truly been the answer to my prayers. Thank you for always being there for me through the good times and the bad. It has been an amazing 3 years with you and I am so thankful that I have the rest of my life and Eternity to spend with you. Happy Anniversary! I love you!

1 comments:

ericksonzone said...

Way to go! I love the how you met stories. You two got married the year that we moved up there to Ellensburg. Isn't marriage wonderful? I have never seen a picture of you with long hair. Cool! Congratulations you two!