Sunday, July 15, 2012

Graduation

I'm a little behind and so I am now playing catch up. I'm going all the way back to the second weekend of June. It was a very special time for 3 members of my family. My nephew Jared (5) graduated from preschool, my Grandma Judy (yes I said Grandma) graduated with her first ever bachelors degree and my brother Mitchell graduated from CWU with his Masters degree. 

My grandma Judy fulfilled her lifelong dream of earning a college degree. She is a wonderful example that it is never too late to get an education! 



Most of the day was spent watching graduations. Mitch walked in the morning and my grandma in the afternoon. That was a lot of pomp and circumstance to listen too. :o) After graduation we threw the graduates a wonderful party! We had tons of food, family, friends and fun! 

Ally and Kenna wearing Mitchell's graduation cap. They thought they were pretty cute! 


This is what I made for the party, graduation cupcakes. Thank you pinterest for the idea. They turned out adorable! 
Mailey was passed around all over the party. Everyone was happy to hold her and give her kisses. Here she is with great grandma Helen Gene. 
The graduates! 
Makenna being a poser. 

Uncle Mitchie with his nieces and nephews minus Libby and Casen. From left to right Makenna, Jared, Ally, Mailey and Carys. Mitchell earned his masters in family studies. He has a full time job and will take a year off school but will return next fall to get his PHD. I'm so proud of him for all of his hard work, I don't know how he can stand that much school!
Mitchie and my pretty girls 
My parent's and Mitch 

Mitch with his friends, Jackie, Kendra, and Janie
Kendra, Jackie, Mitch, Janie, Lizzy and Ally

GW and Mitch
Sweet little Grandma Dorothy and Mitch
Mitch, Grandpa Pinky and Grandma Judy
Grandma and Mitchell's announcement picture. 
I'm so proud of all of the hard work you have put in to make your dreams come true. Thank you both for being such wonderful examples of hard work and perseverance! 

0 comments: