Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happy Birthday/Mothers Day to me! + photo catch up

I apologize for not updating sooner. The last few weeks have been a bit crazy to say the least! Nick has been busy with school and picking up shifts at the fire department and I've been busy wrangling the cutest little girls I know! Having two kiddo's has been fun but just like everything in life comes with it's own challenges. My house is an absolute disaster! I try, try and try to keep it clean in between feeding, changing, bathing, playing, reading, & cooking but it doesn't work so well especially when I have two year old tornado that follows behind me to make more messes in the room I just cleaned. It's a little maddening but, one of these days I'll figure out my grove and my house might be clean-ish again one day. 
 Makenna is doing really good as a big sister. She loves to sing to Mailey and always wants her around. She likes to do whatever I'm doing for Mailey to her dolls. She will dress her babies and even "nurse" her babies while I feed Mailey. Just like any other two year old she needs to be reminded about being gentle, and to not pick her up 100 times a day but other than that she's great! 

Here are a couple of pictures of my pretty little girls over the last couple of weeks.











Sunday was Mother's day and my birthday! It was also Mailey's first Sunday at church. Here we all are in our Sunday duds. The girls even had matching dresses! They looked so cute!  


We spent the afternoon at my parents house with family. We had a BBQ per my request. We had shrimp, chicken, steak & veggie kabobs, asparagus, pasta salad and potato salad. We had a ton of food to say the least and it was all DELICIOUS!! I can't forget we also had cheesecake for dessert. It's not often that you get to celebrate two holidays at once so I was living it up, at least in the food department. Nick and the girls got me a really beautiful necklace for my gift and we went to the zoo yesterday (pictures to come) for my birthday also. We realized that we hadn't had a picture taken with all of us since Mailey was born. So we now have pictures of us as a family of 4!



I think we may have a blue eyed beauty on our hands. :o)


0 comments: