Sunday, December 19, 2010

What we have been up to

We have been soooo busy! The beginning of this month we moved to a new place. I'll post pictures of our new home soon. We really love our new place, we have three bedrooms, a big backyard, 2 bathrooms and a washer and dryer in our home. I know its silly but it feels like such a luxury to have a washer and dryer in our place after using a laundromat for the past year and a half. The other thing that has occupied every other minute of my time after moving and unpacking is making Christmas outfits for my favorite little people. The idea of doing this huge project 3 dresses, 3 panties, 2 ties and 2 vests was much easier said then done. I finished Jared's vest around two in the morning today and took it to their house before church. Silly me for not thinking about adding length to this vest for one very long bodied little boy, because it was at least three inches too short. I was a little disappointed but luckily the vests are a piece of cake compared to the dresses and I have extra fabric so he will be getting a new vest soon. He did get to wear his new tie though, and they had a vest that still fit from last year that he got to wear with the tie instead. The hours, tears, money, late hours and frustration paid off today when I saw all of the kids in their Christmas outfits at church. The kids all looked so beautiful!
Here is what the finished dresses and panties look like.
The finished vests
All of the kids dressed up with my parents. Don't they look fantastic?
Jared
Ally
Makenna
Finn
and introducing the newest member of our family, our sweet little niece Carys Morgan. She was born Nov 1st and is so sweet and perfect.
The Sabin's
The Rhodes
The Densley's
Nana and Papa
and just because she's cute.
I am so thankful my mom knew how important it was to teach me how to sew as a little girl and I was able to do this as a Christmas gift for all of these kids. I will definitely sew things for them again but I won't be doing it on such a large scale next time! Maybe I'll make tie blankets next year. They are easy. ;o)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I am impressed with all those outfits! Those dresses are cute and McKenna looks adorable. Good job!

ericksonzone said...

Reba, those outfits are amazing. Yes, what a great skill and talent. I love the picture of all the kids with your mom and dad,

Jen said...

Beautiful outfits! I wish I had half your talent!