Thursday, January 22, 2009

Little Miss Crabby Pants / Chicken Parmesan

Have you ever had a day where nothing really huge or significant is going wrong in your day, but your just crabby? Well for me, today is one of those days! The stupidest things are tickin' me off today, and I get ragging mad! Watch out world, I'm on the war path today!
I started a new routine of working out in the mornings last week and I started eating healthier. My body is probably in shock, so maybe that's whats why I'm so crabby. I don't know! On a good note, I have lost 8 pounds in two weeks! Which is really exciting! Now the hard part is going to be staying motivated!
Nick seems to be getting back into the swing of things at school, and thinks his classes are ok. Now that he has had a taste of what its like having a real job, he really wishes school was over with and so do I! He still has a long way to go!
I don't usually post recipes but I tried a new one tonight. It turned out REALLY good, it was quick and easy, so I wanted to pass it on.

Chicken Parmesan

1 1/2 lbs of thin sliced chicken breasts

2 egg whites

1 Cup Italian style bread crumbs

Spaghetti sauce of choice I prefer Preggo

Mozzarella Cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 13x9 in pan. Coat chicken breasts in egg whites and dip into bread crumbs until well coated. Place in pan and cook for 20-25 min until chicken is fully cooked. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese. Continue to bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. We also had whole grain penne pasta with zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli and spaghetti sauce. Serve and enjoy!

5 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

You should go and read this children's book that Britton and I just found. It's called Angry Bird. And this angry bird was having a day just like you. It's super cute and funny, but he had a worm for dinner, not delicious chicken. That's making me hungry, too. And you go girl! Keep up the healthy lifestyle! You're totally awesome.

Nichole Gaertner said...

Holy yummy! That recipe sounds incredibly easy ... and very tasty! Are you still working for HUD? Hows life in Ellensburg going? It's crazy not living there anymore. We've grown quite fond of that quaint little town! HAHA!

Love Nichole
ps. I seem to be always having those pissy days. I think it's because I'm always STARVING! haha!

ericksonzone said...

Wow Reba! Way to go on working out. I'm trying to wrap my mind and motivation around early morning workouts. That is so great that you've already seen results. Very cool!

That chicken recipe sounds good too. We'll have to try it. I've been going through some old cooking light magazines for some new recipes and ideas. Perfect timing!

I bet Nick is so ready to be done. I wouldn't say that it's completely easier to be out of school and in the working world. I will say that there is something liberating about it. The fun part is, and I think this would be true for Nick too because it seems like he really enjoys his field, watching Jason be so excited to get ready and go to work. No dragging out of bed, etc. And that's all I really wanted.

Positively Peaches said...

Hey Reba, this is Alisha. Don't know if you remember? I was just talking to your mom the other day an dshe said that you had a blog. I just happened to find it on Heidi's page. How are you? Your recipe sounds yummy. I am always looking for new recipes. I can't wait to try it. Come by and check out the Party of Five www.djpeach.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Go Reba go! I lost 20 pounds and then got pregnant. It is super hard to keep motivated. It's easier though when you realize that you are a pants size smaller all of a sudden. That recipe sounds yummy.